LIM’s Arbitrage strategies concentrate on publicly announced transactions, both domestic and international, where the terms of the deal have largely been defined and disclosed. Investors in this space are rewarded for avoiding the broken deals. We spend substantial time analyzing the viability of each announced transaction.
- Low correlation to stocks and bonds
- Performance is not dependent on general equity trends
- Historically has experienced significantly less volatility than the overall stock market
- Average portfolio duration is approximately 90 days: allows for the opportunity to capture upward movements in short-term rates
- 30-year history of managing the strategy
- Flexibility to supplement portfolio during periods of low merger activity with fixed income and other complementary opportunities
For performance information for LIM's Merger Arbitrage (unleveraged) composite, please click here.
Available as separate accounts or through the Touchstone Merger Arbitrage Fund and Touchstone Arbitrage Fund, sub-advised by Longfellow.